Skip to main content

MY YEAR 2 JOURNEY / 2022 ENCOUNTERS THUS FAR

 Year two began in the month of January 2022. At the beginning of this year I told God that this year will be my year of growth and development and now being the month of July, I will say that what God has been doing for me is so wonderful that words cannot describe. I have never felt like this before because God's faithfulness is ever so pure.

At the beginning of my year 2, I will never forget the amount of advise that was roaming vastly by our senior colleagues. Both positive and negative but mostly negative ones. Saying, 'in this stage of our lives we need to be wise not just in academics but in other forms in order to pass'. And this statement kept repeating itself by so many other persons and every time I hear them or by chance come across those statement or words similar to the meaning I get really disgusted. I even told some of my friends about this because I couldn't just keep it to myself. I prayed about this after hearing their opinions and decide to leave it to God and trust the process. So I did and thus far everything has been going smoothly.

Year 2 first semester for me was a miracle, especially the exam period. That was when I knew that truly God keeps his words;

 PROVERB 3:5

"Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths." 

I have come to know that God is not a man that He should lie, whatever He says that is exactly what will come to pass. He shows mercy to whoever He desires to show mercy. This is a fact that we can't change, what we can change is the ability for us to accept and obey Him, though it may be hard but it is worth a try. Why do I say this? I say this because first semester was a semester I took a huge risk, one that didn't make sense to the human mind. I had my reasons for doing this and I believe that God will surely answer.

2022 MASSIVE CHANGE

Clocking 19 on April 6th was a huge turnover to me. It really dawned on me like never before, the task I have at hand. I mean it struck me when I clocked 18 but not as hard as this one presently and this got me thinking, remembering what I learned from someone, 'until you are in the right position, frame of mind and stage of life the Lord desires of you to become then and only then will you be able to see clearly the things that are ahead of you.'

This year is one year among the years that I will never forget. The year where I made more connection, learned and still learning new skills, engaging in healthy and challenging communications. If I'm to say for thus far this year, I would say that I'm not the person I used to be before because the girl of 2019 is really not the girl of 2022. A lot have come and gone, some of which the Lord has kept and some of which He has taken away for good and truly am grateful. This is what I asked for the beginning of the year "growth and development" and to be honest that's what I see now. This shows me that the Lord has a lot ahead for his children who are willing and ready.


Take home;

It won't be easy at first. Seek the Holy Spirit and talk to him, for he is our counsellor and will lead you to the right path. 

Be dependent, not on your own wisdom but on that of God and see where it takes you. Though it might seem impossible, just keep trying and seek for strength every step of the way. I know who I was then compared to now and it is very much different. It took me a lot of courage to start talking to people and a lot of prayers to also pair up with the right persons. I haven't stop and I won't stop and neither should you.

Believe in God and in yourself, pray like as if your life depends on it and work as if your life depends on it.

Remember to acknowledge God in all your ways (PROVERBS 3:5)

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME I HOPE YOU FOUND THIS USEFUL.


MY LINKS

Medium 

Instagram link

Twitter link

YouTube link

Somie Kast link

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular posts from this blog

Journey to Uni/ college entry in Nigeria

 So my journey to the University was quite tiring and exhausting. After boarding the flight we (my mum and I) used land transport to go to the state where the university was located at. ...fast forward to the end ...we booked a hotel after arriving where we will be resting for a week as my mum tries and settles me before she departs. Let me clarify one thing straight, ..but first of all if you are new to this blog then Hi, my name is Maryblessing and I am a student studying in Nigeria. In this blog I will be documenting my journey both in school and outside school. You can check out this particular post where I introduced myself fully.   COLLEGE (UNIVERSITY) ENTRY IN NIGERIA Things are pretty straight to the point when entering College. So this is how it goes, during the last year of your secondary school studies (high school) you are opt to write 2 final exams NECO and WAEC. This depends on your school if you want to write a school exam or some people decide to write theirs after

My experience as an intern in the lab

  On the 20th of December 2022 my mom and I went out together for me to apply as an intern. Let's reverse to days before now <<< <<< My brother and I had a discussion on this and we came to a conclusion on a particular lab. Okay that aside, I decided to meet one of my uncles who apparently studied the course that I am currently studying, which is medical laboratory science and he made mention of another lab. Now, the lab he mentioned was the one that I faced head on to get and so I applied but unfortunately I got rejected. Already looking tired and frustrated, it dawned on me the one my brother and I was talking about and just before we were about to conclude I brought it up and my mum in her tiredness said, "after this one, no more". So we went there and applied. Luckily for us we got the privilege to see the manager and we explained further, without no bombarding questions from her. She said "when can I start coming" ? At first I was lik

End of year 2 / A new beginning

 Wow, the level that has so been over hyped has finally come to an end. God is really wonderful.  I won't lie, second semester was a semester filled with opportunities and lots more connections than ever before. At the beginning of second semester I was so blind folded to the vast opportunities that came my way. But luckily for me due to the  habit I developed over the years of  'never letting a day go by without reading' I was able to meet up before the quiz week started. One thing I have learnt so far is that never lose track of where you are heading to in life. Many things and people will certainly come your way, some may be good and some may be bad. But having a mind so vivid and surrounding yourself with people that molds you positively be it in their absence or in their presence has a vast impact in your everyday life.  I remembered asking God about the things I desire to do; learn the guitar, further more into graphic design, be in an organization that cherish God mo